Direct Hire To Hearn with Benefits
Our dynamic team of professionals in Taylor Michigan specializes in transportation, supply chain, and quality containment, with strong support of the automotive industry.
We are looking for an experienced Transportation Manager to manage and grow our customer base through strategic partnerships with internal and external clients.
Summary of essential job functions
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of transportation department;
- Support operations as required, being available for problem resolution, short notice planning, and ensuring customers are responded to as needed;
- Engaging in customer relations through routine visits.
- Work closely with departmental teams to ensure smooth integration of supply chain, quality and transportation services across the organization;
- Maintain driver qualification files for current fleet and new drivers on Tenstreet (Intelliapp)
- Oversee dispatch of vehicles; ensure maintenance schedules are up to date and schedule repairs and preventative work on fleet
- Run proper background checks according to local, state and federal regulations
- Facilitate the new driver on-boarding processes and send corresponding documents to the correct departments and/or locations
- Monitor all compliance items including physicals, licenses, random drug tests, annual reviews
- Set performance goals, oversee the setting of transportation service rates and monitor revenue
- Process weekly payroll for employees working within the transportation department, including entry and verification of hours, responding to payroll requirements, resolving pay related matters, etc.
- Monitor department and production performance through KPI’s
- Prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
Required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Post-secondary in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management is preferred
- Minimum 5 years logistics experience in a supervisor / manager role
- 2-3 years’ experience in compliance, safety & DOT required
- Knowledge of FMCSR, Drug and Alcohol regulations and other regulatory guidance
- Experience with Automotive Industry preferred
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional customer service and follow-up skills are required
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office experience, knowledge of internal databases, and/or logistics software
Key Success Skills for this role:
- strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- flexibility and adaptability for various tasks as jobs changes by customer requirements
- exceptional work ethic,
- must be able to work effectively and collectively within a group dynamic and team environment
Salary base plus incentive, excellent health benefits program.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org